Mining Basics Group of Canada offers continuing-education / professional-development courses to investors, mining-industry professionals, and government agencies.
OUR FLAGSHIP COURSE:
The Basics of Geology, Mining, & Processing for the Investment Community - 2-day Short Course
NOW IN ITS 1 5th Y E A R
Our upcoming course in Toronto in April 2020 is postponed until further notice. We hope to resume and present a course in Oct. 2020.
Please join our mailing list for future announcements.
The only complete Geology, Mining, and Mineral Processing short course taught by professionals in each field.
Is This Course Right For You?
If so, this two-day seminar in Toronto is right for you.
- Do you manage a portfolio that includes mining-related investments?
- Do you work in the mining industry as a Human Resources or Investor Relations specialist, lawyer or accountant?
- Do you provide services for, sell equipment to, or do maintenance for, the mining industry, and want a better overall picture of how the sector works?
- Do you want to better understand the science and engineering that underlies success in the mining industry?
This course is intended for people who want a broad overview and synthesis of the whole mining sector from a technical point of view.
This course provides the students with an understanding of all aspects of the mining industry from mineral exploration, through mining, to metal extraction, including technical terms, methods, processes, and the links between different components of the sector.
Participants communicate better with people in the mining industry, and better comprehend the unique and complex risks in mining.
Subjects and Professors
- Geology & Ore Deposits:
David A. Love Ph.D.
- Resource Estimation and Reporting,
Open-pit and Underground Mining:
George McIsaac P.Eng. Ph.D.
- Mineral Processing, Metal Extraction:
Boyd Davis Ph.D.
- Due Diligence, and Case Study: team
- 14+ years in existence
- 25+ public courses, with >500 participants
- Companies participating include banks, capital investment firms, mining companies, accounting firms, government agencies, human resources firms, insurance companies, law firms, newspapers, services, and universities
- Participants include analysts, company directors, accountants, auditors, human resources, sales-people and servicing specialists from mining suppliers, insurance brokers, lawyers, and journalists.
- This course is IIRoC certified for 12.5 hours of CE.
- additional info: Basics of Geology, Mining and Mineral Processing
- 10+ unique customized private courses
- Courses given across Canada, the United States, and the Middle East
- Private clients include banks, government agencies, mining companies, accounting firms, and investment firms.
- Most Private courses are IIROC certified also
- We can tailor your course specifically to your interests, operations, and/or your country.
- Private customized courses are available for crown corporations, NGOs, and/or government agencies, tailored to your needs.
Please view our flyer
Mining 101: An Introduction to Mining & Mineral Processing,
by George McIsaac - 1/2 day at CIM Annual Meeting, biennially (in odd numbered years).